Monday, April 2, 2012

Artfest 2012!


I just got back from Artfest 2012, an art retreat coordinated by Teesha and Tracey Moore   (visit Teesha's site at teeshamoore.com).  I have wanted to attend for years (eight to be exact) and the timing or money situation has always been wrong).  This year I decided, with some encouragement from my husband, that I just needed to make this work.  So I did, and I'm incredibly thankful I had the opportunity to do so.  It was an amazing experience being surrounded by supportive, creative people.  The instructors were fabulous and since I made the point of taking classes that focused on different techniques, I came away from them with a new set of strategies for making art.

These paintings are the result of my class with Mindy Lacefield, who was so sweet and inspiring.  Everyone in class, no matter what skill level they were at, came out of the class with wonderful art.  She is one of those rare teachers who truly pulls out the best in her students.

I'm really happy with how my paintings turned out, and I plan on playing more with the techniques I learned.  And the color--who would have thought I would love using florescent colors so much. 

As I have time, I will post my work from the other classes as well, so stay tuned.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Stephani, your Mindy-style paintings are luscious! I loved all the student work from her classes and promptly signed up to take a class from her at Art & Soul. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. You won't be disappointed with her class. She is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are YOUR paintings?! I saw them at show-and-tell and thought they were just AWESOME!!! I so wish I would have taken Mindy´s class too. AAAhhhh! There are just not enough days at ARTFEST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely! I especially love the one in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete